Saturday, July 23, 2011

School's out for the summer

My regular school ended in May.  I did get to enroll in two different summer camps (pictures to come) through my school and I also got to attend Vacation Bible School, so I've been staying busy and keeping my mind active. Below is some of the artwork that I brought home at the end of the school year.

The bowl I made at school.  We had a special Mother's Day event at school and I was able to hang out with my mom at the art show we had at school.  Several of my art projects were on display, with my bowl being one of them.


This was at the top of my poster.  I wrote my own name in my favorite color, green!

This was a painting I made during the "Masters" series where we studied several famous artists and got to create our own masterpiece.  This painting was inspired by Georges_Seurat.  Our teachers taught us the coin phrase "Seurat the Dot" to help us remember that this artist created masterpieces out of many little dots.  I taught my mom and dad something new with this one. They were impressed.

Another masterpiece.

The turkey I made.  His feathers are made out of a coffee filter that I painted.

Trying to keep my mind sharp this summer.  Mom and I have been reading a lot and working on writing our letters.


This was the picture my teacher took on the very first day of school.

Beautiful butterfly.

Flower

And the leaf I made when we were learning about caterpillars.




My puppet


The special piece of paper certifying I completed the year.  Yay for me!

This is the book that I'm so proud of.  It's filled with lots of special things written and drawn by me. The next time you see me ask to see it and I can read it to you. It won't disappoint you!


No comments: