Thursday, July 28, 2011

First Dentist Appt.

 Ok, ok, ok, so I maybe should've been to a dentist before now, but it's a big first step and I think both my mom and I were avoiding it. Come to find out, there was nothing to be afraid of, it was actually a lot of fun.  Yes, that's right...I said FUN. If you're in the market for a dentist, you should check out Growing Smiles. They are a pediatric dentist office. The dentist, Dr. Kelli Henderson, had come out to our preschool and had given a talk about taking care of our teeth and also gave us a sheet to complete, crossing off the sun or moon everyday for a month. Once I had the sheet completed mom scheduled the appointment and away we went.  The lobby has video games, a flat screen t.v. with movies showing non-stop, books, coloring books, crayons, games, lots of entertaining stuff. I got a prize for turning in my completed sheet and guess what I picked out....a race car, of course.  Getting my teeth cleaned and having x-rays taken, didn't even phase me b/c every time I turned around I was getting cool stuff.  I walked away with a bag full of goodies, including a t-shirt that if I wear every appt. I get a prize. It was great! Way better than very other "trip to the dentist" story I had ever heard about. I'm even ready to go back. 

Giving the important stats to my dental hygienist.


Also, check out the flat screen t.v. on the ceiling.  I took in a full episode of Sponge Bob while getting my teeth cleaned. Headphones to drown out the noise.

 Taking home my loot.

 We even picked up some special toothpaste that tastes like vanilla frosting.  Have you ever heard of such a thing?!


Guess who's next in the lineup?  Not sure that her appt. will go as smoothly as mine did, but the office said that they were ready for the challenge, so a full report will be available on the blog following her first appt., which still needs to be scheduled because mom says, "she just doesn't know if she's ready to tackle that yet!"







No comments: