Thursday, July 7, 2011

Gentlemen...start your engines!

 This is a picture of the race track/dirt track that is in my room.  It's actually a cedar chest that came from my great-grandma Bryan's house after she had passed away.   It all started when my dad put some painters tape on top of the cedar chest and made a race track on the lid of the cedar chest.  Since the first days when we created the race track I've probably ran 5,000 races on the track.  As you can see there is now a pattern in the top of the cedar chest from the continuous laps around and around the track.  It also becomes a live dirt track when I steal dirt out of my mom's flower pot to use on the track. She doesn't always like the mess that dirt makes, but she's usually pretty cool with it b/c she knows how much I love racing. The track is complete with pit areas and push trucks,  I've spent many hours running wing races, non-wing races, monster truck races, nascar races & any car allowed races.  Many repeat fans come out to watch the races, including mom, dad and Reesing.  Racing is one of my most favorite things to do and this is my therapy & sanctuary.






1 comment:

Gams said...

Wow, Mans. What a lucky guy. A dirt track in your very OWN ROOM! Can't beat that! Urish Speedway!