Friday, June 8, 2012

Bat Boy

My dad's friend Brad coaches a Lawrence Legion ball team during the summer. The team happened to have a job opening for bat boy. I applied, interviewed & make the squad as bat boy. Tuesday night I made my debut. It was a really fun time & I was hired for the rest of the season. So, by the end of the summer I'm going to be pro at it. 

 Here's the bat boy cheering section.  Notice Reesing's enthusiasm in this picture.

My sister would get into it at some points throughout the game..."there's my Manny...I love my Manny."





And here I am making my debut on the field.




I spent a lot of time running bats and balls back and forth.


And my little sis spent a lot of time playing in the rocks, enjoying a nice cold Sonic drink and cheering on her Manny.


 Sister was so excited to try on the sweaty stinky helmets, and she loved every minute of it. 

 And at the end of the game I hit a few balls and took a few runs around the bases. At the end of the night, I'm not sure who were my biggest fans...my dad, mom and sister, the team,  or the crowd of moms in the stands who cheered me on as I ran the bases and kept exclaiming how cute I was and that they wanted to just squeeze me.  Some of the moms said that I was the highlight of the game b/c the good guys did not win.  Looking forward to my regular duty every Tuesday night. 

1 comment:

Gams said...

Great job Mans!! Let Gams know when your next game is & I will come cheer on the BEST BAT BOY IN THE STATE!!!! What fun!! I am sure Reesing had lots of practice at cheering on her Manny!!