Thursday, May 31, 2012

Goodbye May...Hello June

First things first, today is my Aunt Julie's birthday & I want to wish her a very happy birthday!

Secondly, May was a very busy month for the Urish household, baby announcement, lots of doctor's appt. for Mom & baby, completion of preschool for me & Mom graduated from KU! It's been a long hard journey for Mom to finish her degree, but she stuck with it & walked down the hill at KU this past Mother's Day! Reesing & I, along with Aunt Julie & Courtney, were able to watch Mom walk across the stage with her Communications graduating class the Friday before and then she walked down the hill two days later with about 4,900 other graduating students. My Grandma Sharon would've been so proud, but we know she was smiling down from above that special Mother's Day. Grandma Sharon always told Mom that it would be a big party when she finally graduated. Needless to say, Mom has declared it one of the best Mother's Day ever! Mom says that she couldn't have done it without the love & support from Dad, Reesing & myself, so it can be considered a team effort, of course. Congrats Mom, we're so proud of you!



The walk through the campanile...it felt so good!



4 comments:

raegann said...

Congrats Shel! I know walking thru Campanile is something you've worked very hard for. So glad (and baby) were able to achieve it.

Shelly said...

Thanks Raegann! It was such a great feeling. A huge weight off my shoulders.

Gams said...

Soooo, soooo proud! It was a thrill to watch you & my new grandbaby take that walk! What an accomplishment!

Anonymous said...

Love you a bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck!
Julie