Friday, September 2, 2011

Solid as a rock


That pretty much sums up this family of mine. Today is my mom and dad's 1st anniversary of marriage.  They've been together for twelve years now, but celebrate the first year of marriage today.  This time last year, all four of us, stood together and made the commitment to each other and to this family.  It was a beautiful day and one that we can all say that we were a part of. That is something very special for me and my sister to be able to celebrate the day with them.

Pictured above is my special memory of mom and dad's wedding. I have a dresser that sits next to my bed and one of the drawers is filled with things that are very special to me that I don't want my sister to get ahold of.  Well, earlier in the week my mom and I were cleaning my room and when I started going through my special drawer I pulled out this special rock.  Mom knew I had this rock and has seen it several times, but never knew the story of this rock.  So, I told her the story when she asked why it was so special to me.  This rock is from Abe & Jake's landing and was one of the rocks from the planters in the reception hall where we celebrated mom and dad's marriage.  I had grabbed this rock that night and put it in my bag and then brought it home with me. I've kept this special rock and as I told mom, "this is my rock from you and dad's wedding."  I could see my mom was fighting back the tears. Thinking she was mad, I was worried.  Then she assured me that she was not mad, but was very happy that I had a special memory to hold onto from that day. 

 Congrats mom and dad on your one year anniversary!  We love you very much.
XOXO Manning & Reesing Urish

2 comments:

Gams said...

Awwwwww, so sweet. Congrats, Mom & Pops! We love you too!

Anonymous said...

Wow Manning you sure are sweet! Tell Mom and Dad Congratualtions!
Love you all!
Aunt Julie