Wednesday, October 3, 2012

I received a paw!

Kindergarten has been going really well for me. I received a "paw" from my teacher the other day for always being ready to learn.  I've also already earned a free book & Dairy Queen blizzard for all the books I've read so far this school year.  We're preparing to take a field trip to the pumpkin patch in a few weeks and I couldn't be more excited.  I've made lots of friends at school and really enjoy all of my extra classes, such as music, art and gym.  Dad and Mom have been happy with all of my worksheets that come home each day.   Things are off to a good start! 

Funny story of the day:  Conversation with Mom as we're brushing our teeth tonight.  
Manning: Hey Mom, I met a new friend today at lunch. 
Mom:  Really Manning, that's great.  What's their name?
Manning:  I don't know. 
Mom:  Well, was it a girl or a boy?
Manning:  I don't know.
Mom: Huh?
Manning:  Well, it talked like a girl, but looked like a boy.  
Mom:   Mmmm...ok.  

2 comments:

Gams said...

Toooooooo funny! Well, Mans, it kinda scares me that you can't tell, but... PROUD OF YOUR GOOD WORK!!! Keep it up! Say hi to your new friend from Gams! Love You!

raegann said...

i'm dying to know what "talked like a girl" meant to him. maybe i'll have Miles follow up on this.