Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Jayhawk Day!

This week at school we're learning all about Kansas in preparation for a Kansas' birthday party on Friday. For those of you that didn't know, Kansas will turn 150 years old on Saturday. Not quite as cool as turning 4, but it definitely earns a nod. Monday we learned about Sunflowers, and today we are learning about Jayhawks. The whole day is themed around Jayhawks. It also just so happened to be my day to bring treats to share with my classmates in honor of my birthday. Woo Hoo! What a great combo! It was also my turn to take in something for show and tell. I decided to take the remote control toy that I got from my Aunt Julie, Uncle Stan and cousins Brad and Courtney to class to show all of my friends. It's been a great week filled with lots and lots of fun.


These are the cupcakes I took to school to share with my friends on Jayhawk day.



Hmmmm...should I just hibernate in the car for an extra 10 minutes while stuffing my little cheeks with as many Jayhawk cupcakes as I can? Decisions. Decisions.
Of course that's not what I decided to do. Mom and I headed on into school and took in the cupcakes and spent some extra time in the classroom before everyone got in there. So that nobody would forget that it was my special day I got to wear a birthday necklace. I was kinda a big deal today at school.
Mrs. Kelly and Mrs. Huffman have a present drawer that everyone gets to pick a present out of on their birthday. So, I took some time digging through the fun and picked out a toy guitar. Thanks Mrs. Kelly and Mrs. Huffman! The birthday fun continues on for this 4 year old, at least for today.



No comments: