Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Where's Manning?

What would keep me "glued" to the action?
Where on earth would you see a sign such as this one?
Where would this set of teeth be the "norm"?
And a place where you can meet new lil' people friends.
You guessed it...the race track.
Last weekend when we were in Illinois my cousin Chris had a race in a nearby town, called Jacksonville. He wasn't racing his car, but instead was racing someone else's car for them.
He's in the red sprint car below.

There he is in action.





Leslie (on the left) is cousin Chris' girlfriend and Teresa (on the right) is the owner of the sprint car and did a great job of keeping us filled with refreshments.
These were some other cars racing that night at the track before the sprint car race.


If you didn't know already, I really love racing and racecars. I was very into watching the races.
Hanging out with Chris after the race. Dad and I hanging with Chris.
As always...I needed to check the set up of the car.



Then I moved on to the competition, checking out all of the other cars. Little did they know, I was a spy for the "good guys" and reported all of my findings back to Chris. Always glad to do my part.
This is my "evil" spy look.


Then on to the 4 wheelers. I would have loved to take this thing for a test drive.
Off to check out more of the competition. I needed to have a full report for Chris.
Oh, I've found some unsuspecting victims. My charm worked them over and they actually took my advice on what to do to the car and trusted me as I took the tool from them and began to work on the car. "Just a little here...and a little more there..." They sat and soaked up my knowledge. Again, little did they know I was working undercover for the "good guys" not them.





Needles to say it was a great time. Definitely a great place for a little man who loves racecars. Thanks for letting me come watch you race Chris. We'll be back again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool racing pictures, Little Man. Sure looks like you & your Mamma & Papa had a fun time at the racetrack. You'll have to take me with ya sometime. LOVE YOU, Grams