Saturday, October 25, 2008

Pumpkin Patch

At the pumpkin patch they have lots of typical farm animals lurking around.
I really enjoyed observing and clucking at the chickens.


After clucking at the chickens mom and I got lost in the maze of hay bales. I think mom was a little worried that we'd never make it out of there, so I took the lead and tried to find our way out.

Also entertaining was the cows. I "moo-ed" and "moo-ed" at the cows and then chuckled to myself.


My friend Alexus, went down the slide and fell into a big mud puddle.
My other friend, Payton, did the pumpkin sling. He got to launch a bunch of poor innocent pumpkins into an open corn field. It was awesome watching the pumpkins explode upon impact.
At the Schaakes Pumpkin Patch (http://www.schaakespumpkinpatch.com/) they are nice enough to give you a ride out to the field in hopes of finding the Great Pumpkin. Here is a load of people coming back with their pumpkins.

Friends, Tara and her son Payton.
Friends, Ashton (daughter to Tara) and Kathy and her two kiddos, Alexus and Preston.
Payton picked up a very big pumpkin and had to lug it around everywhere until we left. I can't wait to see his finished pumpkin. He picked out a good one.
Here's the tractor that pulls all of the pumpkin patch visitors around. It's a classic.

All these people searching for their great pumpkin.
Still searching.
All the kiddos.


After the long day we had, my friend Preston and I were tuckered out and our little legs were done for the day. So, my mom got a wheel barrow and we piled in, pumpkins and all. It made for a much easier journey back to the car.


No comments: