Friday, November 4, 2011

A thief in the night


This was the first year that Reesing & I were really able to go trick-or-treating together. It was a lot of fun. I know that this won't be shocking for anyone who knows Reesing, but she was pretty aggressive when it came to the candy part. She would let me do the dirty work. I rang the doorbells, I said trick-or-treat & thank at every door we went to. Reesing would shove her way into the doorway, flash her smile & grab what she wanted out of the bowl & then split. Well, as we were about halfway through with our neighborhood round,and were leaving yet another house, Reesing eyeballs this approximately 5 year old kid, grabs his pumpkin right out of his hands & splits. We all stood there trying to absorb what happened. Yes, my two-year old sister just robbed. 5 year old of his candy-filled pumpkin. Unbelievable! Mom had go chase after her, rip the candy out of her "iron-clad" grip & give it back to it's rightful owner. Needless to say, Reesing ended up in tears & her trick or treating fun came to an end. Her & mom continued to accompany me on my round, but she was no longer allowed to get anymore candy. I give Reesing kudos for 1) having the guts to do what she did & 2) putting into motion a genius plan (it's definitely the easiest & fastest way to get all the Halloween goodies one can imagine), but am definitely glad that we all escaped the situation unharmed. When it comes to Halloween candy, those 5 year olds can hold their own. That's Reesing...always keeping things exciting. So, next year just be on the lookout for those fuzzy little monkeys. One of them might just rob you like a thief in the night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Manning! I laughed so hard at this story. Your sister sure took her monkey costume seriously. I hope you had a great halloween! Love Aunt Julie

Gams said...

Too darn funny. However, I'm not so sure the 5 year old, your sister wrestled out of her candy was laughing. Reesers, Reesers, Reesers.... I am sure your big brother didn't teach you that! Be careful of cute little innocent monkeys! Glad you had an exciting Halloween!