Sunday, May 15, 2011

Gotta love family

 Back in April, on dad's birthday to be exact, we received a package in the mail.  It was from Team Urish in Illinios.  Hmmmm...what could it be?!  Well, below is a picture of an absolute sweetheart named Eileen.  She's the daughter of Tim and Debbie Urish. Tim is cousins with my Grandpa Rod.  We've been on several trips to Illinois ever since I have been little and was quick to make friends with Eileen.  Her and I are buds. She's such a great person, well, at least we thought so, until this package arrived in the mail. Below is a picture of me and Eileen at Chris and Leslie's wedding back in February. Eileen is so much fun to be around and we had a really great time hanging out.


This is the note that accompanied the mysterious package.


 What did they mean by an Illini family photo?  Well, just check out the loot they sent us.  Illinois gear for everyone in the family. Reesing got a cheerleader outfit, dad and mom got Illinois shirts and I got an Illinois football shirt. Funny right? Especially for a KU diehard family with children named under the influence of KU.

We have yet to take a family photo but we will do so soon. Thanks for the gear Tim, Debbie, Nick, Gavin and Eileen.  That was very thoughtful of you and mom gets a little frustrated with me because the Illinois football shirt is one of my favorites and I wear it immediately after it is fresh out of the wash. When we're out and about we often hear, "so, you're Illinois fans?"  Hmmm...well, not exactly but we sure do love a lot of people from there.  But no, you cannot have Bill Self back.











I actually feel asleep while Eileen was holding me at the wedding. The verdict is in and I still think she's pretty great.



2 comments:

Gams said...

I can see that that Illinois stuff just puts you right to sleep, huh? And, nooooo, we're keeping coach! Too fun! And ya know, Illinois must have some smarts for hiring our coach in the first place! I can see why you love them, Mans....

raegann said...

i've witnessed Manning in the t-shirt and wondered how/why he got it. this makes since, and i suppose it will make a nice wash rag someday...