Monday, November 22, 2010

Fall Art Show

If there is one thing that I get a lot of practice in at while at preschool, it is art. We have art class everyday, which results in a lot of fabulous artwork.

This is a fall picture we made using a really fun technique where we painted a bunch of different shaped objects, such as pine cones, and then rolled them around on a piece of orange paper placed in the bottom of a box. The result is this wonderful fall painting. It was lots of fun.
This is the Thanksgiving turkey I made with my painted hand. Pretty cool, huh?

Ok, this next one is funny, well not funny for everyone. We made cornucopias full of all the things we are thankful for. I added a picture of my sister Reesing and myself. I'm very thankful for my little sister.


I am thankful for my dog Duce.
I am extra thankful for my dad and the strong friendship that we have with each other.

I even had room for my Jayhawks and football. Knocked two items off the list with this picture, KU and football. Yes!
Ok, so this is the finished result. In addition to everything I have already mentioned, I made room for cars, cheeseburgers and salad. Beautiful, don't you think? Well, my mom wasn't so happy that she was left off the cornucopia and got her feelings hurt that she didn't make the cut, especially over cheeseburgers and salad which aren't even some of my favorite things to eat.

So, while my mom and I were discussing this, my dad put a plan into action to fix the problem. I love my mom and wanted to include her, but just forgot to. Dad went inside the house, found a Hallmark mailer, flipped through the catalog, tore out a picture of a wood person holding a heart, ripped off a piece of painters tape and added it to the cornucopia. Now it's complete. I know you feel the love mom. Below is the revised version.

Fall leaf.
And indian corn.

I also brought home a tee pee and was sure to tell my mom, dad and sister about how the indians used to live in tee pees back in the olden days. Well, my baby sister thought that sounded like a good idea and tried to actually crawl inside the miniature tee pee. She did not exactly fit. She won. The tee pee lost and had to be thrown in the trash before we could get a picture of it.



And a drum just like the ones that the pilgrims used.


During this month we learned a lot about America and what it means to be an American. We made an American wind sock to adorn our home. Dad helped me hang it up.


It was the perfect decoration for our home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What great art work Manning! You have some real talent!
Love Aunt Julie