Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Locks of Love

My mom, Aunt Julie and cousin Courtney have been growing their hair out really long in hopes to make a donation to Locks of Love. Locks of Love is a public non-profit organization that provides hairpieces to financially disadvantaged children in the United States and Canada under age 18 suffering from long-term medical hair loss from any diagnosis. It is a great organization and if you would like to learn more about it you can check it out at http://www.locksoflove.org/. So, a couple of weeks ago they went to Z's Cosmotology school, where my cousin Taylor works. All 3 of them had a lot cut off. My aunt and cousin were both able to donate 10 inches, the minimum length required. It was a great thing that they did and I was really proud of them. I was a little disappointed that my mom no longer has a long ponytail that I can grab ahold of...bummer. Anyways, they all look great with their new do's and Taylor did an excellent job on cutting my mom's hair. So, kudos to Tay and the others for doing what they can to help support a good cause.
My cousin Courtney before....
During....
And after....

My Aunt Julie before....
And after....Mom before....
And after....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh, Mans, I gotta give a "TWO THUMBS UP" to your Mamma, your Aunt & your Cousin for such a sweet & unselfish thing they did. By the way, tell them all "THEIR NEW HAIRDOS LOOK GREAT" - Cousin Tay did a super job! Makes this Gammee PROUD!

The Wiley Clan said...

What a great thing you've all done in donating your beautiful locks and the new hairdos look great! :)