Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Whistle while you work!















Last weekend Doug and I started re-siding our house. Manning was the supervisor, making all of the calls on when breaks were - when to eat, bathroom breaks, etc. We got most of the back side of the house done. It was a very productive weekend. Honestly, there actually wasn't a whole lot of whistling while we worked, but instead there was a lot of Doug telling me what I could do next and me asking "What? How am I supposed to do that?" Somehow I was able to finally get the hang of things enough to actually start helping out instead of adding to the problem. Manning had his first experience working side by side with his daddy in the "Man's World of Construction." He doesn't have a tool belt yet, but he does have the next best thing - his very own "Stanley tools" outfits (courtesy of Bob and Lois Scherting). For his first supervisory construction job & first official business trip to Home Depot he wanted to wear his "My favorite tools" onsie. In the last picture Manning is expressing how we all felt by Sunday evening - all tuckered out.

No comments: