Sunday, May 6, 2007

Baby steps!

No, little Manning is not walking yet, but he has taken some baby steps towards becoming more aware of his surroundings. Here are some "first" baby steps for the lil' guy.



His first step to becoming a man - First trip to "Best Buy" to do a little wishful thinking of which flat screen HD t.v. would look the best hanging on the wall in his bedroom. I'm sure this is the first of many trips that him and his dad will take to Best Buy together to drool over the big t.v.s, however Manning is the only one with an excuse for drooling.









Manning's first very own seat (thanks to Chava McKeel!). It's the latest & greatest thing in the world of babies - it's called the Bumbo. It's a little foam chair that allows them to sit up and start working those back muscles. He hated it at first, but has now come to tolerate it (I think just so his mom will quit nagging him about it).






"Holy cow, am I doing that?" Grandma Linda bought him this blue phone rattle and this night was the first time that we could see the confidence and gleam in his eyes that said "I am holding this rattle and have complete control right now. What do I do now?" Up to this point I had been placing it in his hand and his little arms would just start moving all about, but without any rythym or control. I'm not even sure that he knew it was there, but as you can see from the expression on his face in the picture - he finally figured it out!



"Yeah, that's right - I had my first taste of chocolate milk. It was mighty tasty. I even saved some of it on my cheeks for later." Daddy gave him a special treat last Sunday by dipping the pacifier into a little bit of chocolate milk before giving it to him. Nothing can compare to seeing a baby's eyes light up from the first sugar rush of chocolate milk. Pretty funny and pretty darn cool to think that every experience for him is the first.

No comments: