Tuesday, May 29, 2007

1, 2, 3, 4


Manning officially hit the 4 month old mark!!! In celebration of this event we went for a visit to the pediatrician last week. Manning weighed in at 13 lbs. 7 oz. and measured a whooping 25 inches. Being his mom and completely bias, I got a little defensive when the good doc stated that his the size of his head was in the 7 percentile. I guess he has a smaller than average head, but I just don't see it. I, of course being the completely bias mom, thinks that his head is perfect for his body. It is no reason for concern, it just really makes me ponder how these doctors figure all this stuff out, or think they have it all figured out. Overall it was a good checkup and Manning was perfect as always. Interesting story from the peds office - During our visit with the good doc we were discussing how to introduce Manning to solid food. In mid sentence he drops his papers and brushes by me while patting me on the shoulder and saying that he needs to go next door to make sure that the kid in the room next to us doesn't hurt anyone. What???!!! After he leaves the room I hear the scuffling and banging in the room next to me. It sounds like someone elses visit to the peds office is not going so well - someone is not happy. I can hear the kid screaming and grunting. When the doc came back in he looked a little frazzled and said that in his effort to make sure that nobody got hurt he almost got cold clocked in the face! I guess the kid next door was a 5 1/2 year old who was the size of an average 9 year old, and obviously knew that he had the size on his side. Whew! It makes you very thankful for quiet polite children.

No comments: