Sunday, August 24, 2008

Hairspray!

My cousin, Courtney was in the "Hairspray" production through the Bonner Springs City Library Performing Art program. They did a combo "Hairspray"/"Mary Poppins" show and we were able to watch both. It was a lot of fun. She did a great job and I'm glad that my mom and I were able to be there to see her stellar performance. Believe it or not, when we walked backstage where all of the performers were getting ready, there were a lot of hairspray cans. Everyone's hairstyles were really cool, with lots of "poof" and required A LOT of hairspray. Great job Courtney. Thanks for inviting us to come watch.

The actress.
More characters.



Giving my cousin a "Job Well Done" kiss.

Me trying to give my mom a glance into the future. Just wait mom, the time will come.
Then I gave my mom a real heartache...I found myself surrounded by 3 pretty girls who found me awfully cute. It's way too early for that.
Then...my mom called me, and the pretty girls realized that this little guy is already taken, at least for now.
While we were at the Bonner Springs High School, where the performance took place, my mom took my nephew to his locker and did a locker inspection. My mom said that he had way less crap in his locker than she ever did. Maybe guys are different. Brad, it's a good thing that you had it cleaned up for the random locker check from your Aunt Shelly.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for coming to see Courtney do her thing. Hope you had fun too.
Love Aunt Julie