Saturday, August 18, 2012

1st day of kindergarten = success

It all started with a supply list.  We bought all the necessary supplies weeks ago and then anxiously awaited for the big day. 


Then the Tuesday before I started school I got invited to my school to visit my classroom and meet my new, and really nice, teacher, Ms. Long.  

 It's time to start tackling school lunches.


Hoping for "way to go" a lot this year. 


First day of school and I can hardly sit still for a picture because I've got ants in my pants. 
 

On our way into Schwegler. 

Reesing wishing, hoping, dreaming that she could go to school with Manning, but the closest she got was getting in on picture time.  For months now she'll march around the house proclaiming to anyone that will listen that she is also going to kindergarten.  So, this day was actually harder on Reesing than anyone else. 


Finding my hook in the classroom.  Lesson learned the first day...with a last name that begins with "U," I'm gonna need patience. 

Bag hung up, name tag on, ready for Mom to stop taking pictures and be on her way.  Needless to say, it was a great first day.  I was proud to let Mom and Dad know that I was one of the only ones that didn't get in trouble. I ate pizza for lunch, meet some new friends, came home with lots of artwork and got my first homework assignment.  It was a great first day and was already asking Mom late Friday night when I would get to go back again.  Can't wait until Monday!

Reesing's turn is next.  I went with her and Mom to sign her up for Kid's First preschool the other day.  She's so excited to be going to school, she can hardly stand it.  We're pretty sure that there will be a lot of good stories coming out of Reesing's first year in preschool. You'll want to stay tuned for that!  

Good luck to you both Manning and Reesing on an exciting school year!  It's fun to watch the both of you grow each and every day.  Love you,  Mom and Dad














2 comments:

raegann said...

your teacher and classrom look awesome Manning. Glad you had a great first day, can't wait to hear more about it.

Gams said...

That's my handsome Man! Let's see how long it takes before you are officially the "teachers pet"! Not to worry, Reesers, you're day will come!!! Gams is PROUD PROUD PROUD!!