Monday, July 16, 2012

First place under the lights


This past Saturday night the Topeka Quarter Midget Association had it's first night race of the season. It was my first chance to race under the lights and it was fun. I also picked up my 3rd feature win of the season.  Woohoo!  A special thanks to Aunt Julie, Uncle Stan and Courtney for coming out to the track to watch me race. It meant a lot to have you guys there cheering me on.

Beautiful sunset for the races.


Boys will be boys...silly.  My partner in crime, Miles, and I hanging out watching the races.

If you see one of us at the track, the other is probably a few steps behind.

Weighing in after winning the race.


Did I mention it was HOT on Saturday night? It was a little better after the sun went down, but still hot with the racing suit on, as confirmed by my red cheeks.

The famous birthday buddy shot that seems to take place at each race.


My cousin Colton had a good night of racing also.  Won his heat race and raced hard in the feature. Good job Colton!

Last week we got rained out before we could finish the races, so this week we got lots of racing in and I received 2 medals.  Took 2nd in the make-up race from the weekend before and then took 1st in the Saturday's race.

Here I am getting my 1st place medal from Aunt Raegann under the lights. 


Here is Reesing trying to keep up with her friend, Isabell. They're pretty good race track buddies.

Several of the kids/racers playing out on the track and infield after the races.  It's definitely fun racing under the lights.  Can't wait until we do it again in August!  Overall, it was a great night of racing and fun was had by all.

2 comments:

raegann said...

great night with family and fun!

Gams said...

Auntie Raegs said it all!! Wish I could've been there! Congratulations to the whole Urish Crew!!!