Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Knocked it outta the park!

Whenever my dad works on a project he always puts a 110% into whatever he's working on. There is no such thing as doing something the lazy way with my dad. You can always tell when dad's happy with his work when he states "I think it looks good, what do you think?" That's when he's proud of his accomplishment, but doesn't want to brag, so he is hoping for positive feedback. When he's completed the project and has completely out done himself then you'll hear him say, "Well, I just knocked that one outta the park." This is because he knows he's done a great job and is so proud of what he's accomplished. If you know my dad he's a hard worker and is very creative. So, for my sissy's room, Dad came up with the theme and put it into action. Pictures are below and I think you will all agree with me when I say, "My dad knocked this one outta the park." For those of you that don't know yet, my sissy's first name is going to be Reesing (middle name still to be determined). Check out the pictures and let us know what you think.

Two walls after first coat of pink.
Same wall after adding the Jayhawk. I don't think Reesing is going to have a choice in whether or not she's a Jayhawk fan. From the early start my sister will have her big Jayhawk friend looking over her. Hopefully she won't think the large bird is trying to eat her!
Two walls where the grey and pink walls meet.

Same walls after the Jayhawk was added.
Reesing already claiming her space.
We're working on the closet next. Mom actually mapped out the design of the closet for dad and he's going to put the plan into action. That's on the agenda for later this week.

Dad installed a new fan and light today, so we've got the closet left to go and we'll have it done. Then mom can begin filling it with lots of pink clothes! Yea! The countdown begins ~ 27 more days until sissy's due date.

3 comments:

Neuty and Trish said...

Totally out of the park! It's beautiful.

I have to go through our clothes but I have plans to send a ton of girly stuff to you including at least one jayhawk shirt. I'm going to try to pull it together this weekend. Sorry I missed the shower! Eric and I got CPR certified this past Saturday.

Trish

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Manning. Ur dad is awsome. Tell him Aunt Stacey says it is def a home run. Luv Ya buddy.

Aunt Stace

Anonymous said...

Wow My Mans, you're Daddy did an awesome job on little Reesing's room. DEFINITELY a keeper. Love you, Gams